If you’re looking to get a guy’s attention, sending him a direct message is one of the best ways to do it. But what should you say? It can be tricky to know how to start a conversation with someone you don’t know very well.
In this article, we’ll provide some tips and ideas for what to DM a guy in order to get his attention. We’ll also discuss how to keep the conversation going and make sure he responds positively. With these tips, you’ll be able to craft the perfect DM that will have him hooked!
A Few Flirty DMs That Will Definitely Grab His Attention:
1. Hey there, you just crossed my mind and I was wondering what you were doing.
2. Hi there, I was just wondering if you’d like to go out sometime?
3. Hey, I was just thinking about going to this concert, but I don’t have anyone to keep me company. Do you want to join?
4. Hey there, I was just wondering if you’d like to grab a coffee sometime?
5. Hi, I couldn’t help but notice your profile and thought it would be great if we could chat sometime soon!
The options listed above are obviously for girls and women that don’t want to be too direct and daring or open a conversation with a “Hi, handsome” or “Hi, cutie”. Some men don’t like it when the women come on too strong as they consider it emasculating, but if you don’t care and enjoy making the first move then feel free to go for it! If your future soulmate’s personality matches yours, then he’ll probably agree with you on how cool it can be for you to do such a thing anyway.
If you’re feeling more daring and want to try something a little more forward, direct, and even dangerous; then why not consider the two options below:
1. Hey there, do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again? 😉
2. Hi there, my friends told me that I should message you because they think we’d make a great couple! What do you think?
What Not to Do When Trying to Get a Guy’s Attention Through a DM:
When trying to get a guy’s attention through a DM, it is important to remember that you should not:
1. Send too many messages. It can be tempting to bombard him with messages, but this will likely have the opposite effect and make him feel overwhelmed or even annoyed.
2. Be overly aggressive or demanding. You want to come across as confident and assertive, but also feminine and charming so don’t be pushy in your messages.
3. Use too much slang or emojis. While these can be fun and lighthearted, they can also come across as immature and unprofessional if used excessively.
4. Make it all about you. Try to focus on getting to know him better by asking questions about his interests and hobbies rather than talking only about yourself and your own life experiences.
5. Be too forward or flirtatious right away. Take your time getting to know each other before making any moves that could be interpreted as flirting or coming on too strong. Even though we listed a few flirty DMS that you can send him above, we still recommend you get to know him better as a friend first and before you dare to get flirty. Perhaps, you’ll get lucky and he will be the one to make the first move once the two of you get comfortable around one another first!
Why We Recommend Letting the Man Make the First Move:
Making the first move can be a difficult and nerve-wracking experience for both men and women. However, it is important to let the man make the first move, as it conveys respect for him and allows him to take charge of the relationship.
Women often feel pressure to make the first move, as they feel that the relationship could turn into a friendship or that they’re stuck and not progressing. However, this can be intimidating for men who may not be used to being approached that way. When a woman takes the initiative and gets flirty first, it can make a man feel uncomfortable and emasculated.
At least, that is how my spouse and I think, clearly we’re not saying that women should be sweet, sit in a corner and do nothing even if they have a crush on someone. What we’re saying is that women should choose to communicate their desires and affection or feelings through body language, stares, and subtle hints. This can be very feminine and powerful enough to make the man take an interest and want to mirror her behavior if he’s available.
It can also make a man feel like he wasn’t allowed to choose his partner for himself if you approach him first. Some men have big egos and being able to think that they chose their partners willingly and freely based on their own preferences and wants is important for them. In fact, some like it, even more, when they didn’t just choose their potential partner but also had to put on a bit of a fight to get her to take interest in them. Everyone knows that most men like it more when the courtship phase is a bit challenging and there’s nothing wrong with that! The point here is that when you let the man make the first move, it also allows him to have a purpose and to grow his confidence rather than feel like he played a minimal or secondary role in picking his own romantic partner.
When a man makes the first move, he will be able to show that he is capable of initiating conversations and making decisions, which is an attractive quality in the eyes of any woman. So it is a win-win situation. This is important for both men and women to feel secure in their relationship and to trust the process. In summary, it is important to let the man make the first move as this allows him to feel respected and in control of the relationship, which is key. You can drop a few silent hints here and there and hopefully, he will be able to pick them up with no problem and respond accordingly!